The classes and the methods can treat the values of different types uniformly with the use if generics.
The usage of generics is advantageous as:
- They facilitate type safety
- They facilitate improved performance
- They facilitate reduced code
- They promote the usage of parameterized types
- The CLR compiles and stores information related to the generic types when they are instantiated. (The generic type instance refers to the location in memory of the reference type to which it is bound for all the instances of the generic type.)